• Go modern-day treasure hunting! Grab your smart phone or GPS and discover the Geocache hidden in Badger Park.
• Jump on an ATV and explore the Cheese Country Recreation Trail (aka the Tri-County Trail). Just follow the ATV signs through town.
• Biking more your speed? Ride the Dunbarton Loop, Lead Mine Loop, or Prairie Loop.
• Float by the beauty of The Driftless Region and canoe or kayak down The Fever River, southwest of Shullsburg (aka The Galena River). A canoe launch is located on County Road W, just west of New Diggins, about 10 minute drive from Shullsburg.
• Get hooked on fishing in Lafayette County. For small-mouth bass, check out Horseshoe Bend, near Benton, WI (about 9 miles west of Shullsburg on WI-11). For lake fishing, explore popular Yellowstone Lake Park.
• Hop on a snowmobile to explore all the Shullsburg area has to offer every winter. Visit stepoutside.org for more information about winter motorsports.